Saturday, August 13, 2022

2022/07/24 Segment 6 North Fork Swan River to Frisco (wilderness bypass)

Photo album

Sunday 7/24  swan Creek camp Jake left before us, on his way to Copper Mountain and Mark and I slowly got ready. On the way to Copper Mountain I started to feel better, like I finally had a body that was working right. We saw D & D, they said something about letting the young guy beat us to the trail in the morning. It was really good descending, great riding. Towards the bottom it started to rain. It was not light, it was heavy, and getting cold. Near the end of the trail we were stopped by some moose, a mother and two calves. One of the calves was right in the trail. It was small, and very curious. It kept coming towards us. When it would come towards us, the mother would come towards us. We just waited, even though we were cold and wet. Eventually they started to wander off and we continued. It was a cold, wet ride towards Frisco. The rain let up as we were reaching the town. We were cold, wet, hungry. We were rolling down the main street in a daze, looking for some place to eat, in my mind someplace that would take wet, dirty mountain bikers. As we rolled down towards the bottom of the main street I noticed a place called Ollie's. They advertised "the best burgers and wings in Frisco." I had to go there. We went down the steps and lo and behold, there was Jake's bike. He was just finishing up and was going to head to Breckenridge, I think. I started with a hot chocolate, to warm up. We ate and drank there, too many beers, too much food, it was so good. I warmed up. They had Wi-Fi, I uploaded pictures and reached out to family and friends. After a while we gathered our wet bikes and checked in at the Snowshoe motel. It was pretty dingy. We started to lay out our stuff to dry out. Jason messaged me that he'd like to see us. We invited them to our modest motel room. Micah came with Jason. They brought some beer from Frisco, Outer Range I think it is. We all had one. I had never met Micah before, she was nice. She talked a lot about mushrooms, Crocs, rock climbing. Jason brought me some Jet Boil fuel canisters and I traded him my canisters. I thanked him. We had a nice chat and then they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment